The Winton Club is proudly one of the longest established alumni associations in the country.View content
The Winton Club is one of the oldest alumni associations in the country. Formed in 1874 for the alumni of the then King Alfred’s College, its initial aims were:
- To unite together in sympathy
- To provide prizes and exhibitions
- To alleviate distress
- To further the interests of the College generally
Over the years as the institution has evolved from teacher training college to university the core of the initial aims of the Winton Club have remained. The Winton Club is guided by the Winton Club Committee, made up of alumni and University staff working in alumni relations.
All former students of the University of Winchester or its predecessor institutions, King Alfred’s College and University College Winchester are automatically members. Former staff can also be members of the Winton Club in order to keep in touch with other Wintonians and the latest news from the University.
Today the Winton Club has approximately 30,000 members in 90 countries across the globe.
In autumn 2017 we launched the Winton Teacher Association, a professional network free to all alumni who teach or have taught. The Winton Teacher Association aims to enhance the employability and professional development of our alumni, through the provision of mentoring, support and networking opportunities.
Winton Teacher Association
The Winton Teacher Association is ideal for alumni of all ages and levels of teaching experience
- Senior teacher alumni can play a leading role in supporting the career progression of alumni, sharing their expertise and encouraging the future generation of teachers
- Recently qualified teachers can benefit from the support and advice of more experienced alumni in the teaching profession
- Networking and sharing best practice is advantageous to all teacher alumni
Benefits to Winton Teacher Association members
- Be part of a mutually supportive, non-judgmental community of teachers sharing a link with the University of Winchester
- Receive invitations to regular face-to-face networking events
- Connect with a wide range of other Winton Teacher Association alumni as a member of our LinkedIn community
- Chat with other teachers
- Share job vacancies, whether you are recruiting from a talent pool of Winchester graduates or looking for your next role
- Seek advice and share best practice
- Be personally matched to a mentor/mentee if you wish:
- Mentors offer professional advice, guidance and insight to fellow alumni who wish to enhance their professional development
- Mentees benefit from the expertise of fellow teacher alumni with advanced experience
- Receive regular newsletters communicating updates and opportunities
- Be able to engage with cutting-edge research undertaken by academics from the University of Winchester in relation to education and pedagogy
Become a member of the Winton Teacher Association
Membership to the Winton Teacher Association is free and there is no formal commitment. You are eligible if you are currently, or have been a teacher, and attended King Alfred’s College, University College Winchester or the University of Winchester (regardless of which course(s) you undertook).
All you need to do is register your interest with us by emailing email@example.com