Faculty of Education and the Arts
An established provider of high-quality programmes in the fields of teaching, the academic study of education, performing arts, film and media, and journalism.View content
We have a long and established history of being a major provider of high-quality programmes, partnerships and research opportunities in the fields of teaching, the academic study of education, performing arts, film and media, and journalism.
The Faculty is home to the Institute of Education, Department of Education and Childhood Studies, Department of Performing Arts, and School of Media and Film.
We offer a wide range of dynamic courses at both undergraduate and postgraduate degree level that are tailored to meet the needs of the professions. These programmes are consistently rated highly in internal and national surveys of student satisfaction.
Our teaching staff have both practical know-how and academic expertise with many years of experience in these subject areas. The faculty is dedicated to inspirational learning, combining highly creative teaching with work placements and impactful research and knowledge exchange.
Our friendly, approachable and highly experienced staff are here to support you all the way.
Explore the Faculty of Education and the Arts
Meet the Faculty of Education team
- Dr Janice de Sousa, Faculty Dean
- Laura Clarke, Director, Institute of Education
- Dr Marie Morgan, Head of Department, Education and Childhood Studies
- John Brackstone, Director of Faculty Operations
- Dr Alasdair Richardson, Faculty Postgraduate Research Degrees Lead
- Carol Smith, Acting Head of Department, Performing Arts
- Shira Pinczuk, Head of School of Media and Film