We have stunning living options for you to choose from – ranked 15th out of 116 universities by the Times Higher Education.View content
When to apply for housing
Once you have accepted your offer of study at the University of Winchester by going firm with us, you can apply for University-managed housing via the Housing Portal.
If you meet our criteria for guaranteed housing, you must apply for housing by Tuesday 14 June 2022 to be guaranteed a room.
Housing application process
In order to apply you will need your Winchester Student ID number. You can find this on your offer letter. Hint, it should have seven digits.
When you apply:
- you will select your top six preferences of accommodation.
- We do operate a ‘first applied, first allocated’ system, so recommend getting in your application as soon as possible for the greatest chance of getting your first-choice accommodation.
- Don’t worry; if you meet the housing guarantee requirements and apply by the deadline for guaranteed housing, you will get a room.
As you make your housing application, you should receive two emails. One asks you to activate your account through the registration phase and one to confirm your application is complete. If you do not receive these emails, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44(0) 1962 827533 so we can help you.
Housing is not allocated by course. You can apply to live wherever you would like across the different housing options on offer.
Your housing offer should be sent out to you in mid-July 2022.
Explore and find out more
Make sure you explore what is on offer. We have videos and virtual tours to help you get a flavour for residential life.
Still have some questions? We pulled together some FAQs for you, including information for students with disabilities, postgraduate students, and part-time students.
Your Accommodation includes...
- unlimited, free WIFI
- all bills covered
- 24 hour security
- cleaning service for communal areas
- bedroom furniture
- en-suites in most rooms
- bike lockers for hire
- contents insurance
- short walk to campus
- close to city centre, shops, cafes, pubs, restaurants...
- train station and bus stops nearby