Jon Audain is a Senior Lecturer at the Institute of Education, University of Winchester. For the last 20 years, he has worked in education as a primary teacher, Head of Year, Senior Teacher, Learning Platform/VLE Consultant and peripatetic music teacher in two different LEAs. In 2006, he was appointed as a county-based Advanced Skills Teacher (AST) specialising in Primary ICT within the third largest local authority in the UK. He has advised and worked with schools, teachers as well as award-winning children’s author Judy Waite and companies such as BrainPOP, 2Simple, Promethean, Rising Stars, Scholastic, MirandaNet and MESH.
Jon is the author and collaborator of over 20 books, chapters, peer-reviewed journal articles and papers including ‘The Ultimate Guide to Using ICT Across the Curriculum (For Primary Teachers): Web, widgets, whiteboards and beyond!’ (Bloomsbury) and ‘Jumpstart! Apps: Creative learning, ideas and activities for ages 7-11’(Routledge). Jon is an Apple Distinguished Educator (ADE) and a member of the Promethean Advisory Council/ActivAdvocate.
He is the Chair of the Technology, Pedagogy in Education Association (TPEA), a national subject association for evidence-informed research and education technology as well as an executive board member for the Education Futures Collaboration (www.meshguides.org). He is a Founding Fellow of the Chartered College of Teaching; a Fellow of the College of Teachers and a Fellow of the Royal Society for the Encouragement of Arts, Manufactures and Commerce.
Areas of expertise
Jon’s main area of expertise is in working with and mentoring Teaching students, with a focus on ICT, Educational Technology and music.
- Audain, J, Leask, M & Younie, S (2019) 'Technology, educational research and the translational knowledge base: rethinking the identify of a future teaching profession' Frontiers in Education Technology .
- Preston, C, Younie, S, Audain, J & Csizmadia, A (2019) 'Reflecting on change: Whole school collaborative research - opportunities with industry' Impact: Journal of The Chartered College Of Teaching, vol. Special Issue: Educational Technology, no. 1.
- Younie, S, Audain, J, Eloff, I, Leask, M, Procter, R & Shelton, C (2018) 'Mobilising Knowledge through Global Partnerships to Support Research-informed Teaching: Five Models for Translational Research' Journal of Education for Teaching, vol. 44, no. 5, pp. 574-589. https://doi.org/10.1080/02607476.2018.1516348
- Audain, J, Goto, E & Dalton, T (2017) Debates in the use of tablets in the secondary classrooms. in S Younie & P Bradshaw (eds), Debates in Computing and ICT Education: (Debates in Subject Teaching).1st edn, Routledge, pp. 181-194.
- Younie, S, Procter, R, Noakes, J, Davis, G & Audain, J (2017) 'Developing Evidence-informed practice: engaging teachers with research' Every Child Journal, vol. 6, no. 1, pp. 80-87.
- Kucirkova, N, Audain, J & Chamberlain, E (2016) Jumpstart! Apps: Creative learning, ideas and activities for ages 711. 1 edn, Routledge, Abingdon.
- Rooke, J & Audain, J (2014) 'ActivEd: LightsCameraClassroom Ready?...ACTION! An International Experience in Haapsalu, Estonia' journal de l'association comenius, vol. September 2014, no. 23, pp. 47-49.
- Audain, J (2014) The Ultimate Guide to Using ICT Across the Curriculum (For Primary Teachers): Web, widgets, whiteboards and beyond!1 edn, Bloomsbury Academic, London.
- Audain, J (2014) Nurturing the developing musician through the use of technology. in S Younie, M Leask & K Burden (eds), Teaching and Learning with ICT in the Primary School.2nd edn, Routledge, Abingdon, pp. 120 -129.
- Zwozdiak-Myers, P & Audain, J (2011) Links between ICT Advanced Skills Teachers and Initial Teacher Education: A TDA project in association with Brunel University designing and creating 21st Century guidance material of best practice in ICT for primary and secondary trainee teachers . Teacher Development Agency (TDA), Brunel University.
- Audain, J (2011) Back to the drawing board. Scholastic, Child Education subscribers.
- Audain, J, BrainPOP UK Spotlight on Digital Citizenship & accompanying flipchart, (2011) Web publication/site, BrainPOP UK, Online blog (01.02.2011).
- Audain, J, BrainPOP UK Spotlight on Healthy Living & accompanying flipchart, (2011) Web publication/site, BrainPOP UK, Online blog (05.01.2011).
- Audain, J (2010) 'Art and Web 2.0' ICT User Friendly, vol. Spring/Summer.
- Audain, J (2010) 'Assessment in ICT what support is available?' ICT User Friendly, vol. Spring/Summer.
- Audain, J (2010) 'Interactive whiteboards which one is best?' ICT User Friendly, vol. Spring/Summer.
- Audain, J (2008), 'A picture tells a thousand words and begins a hundred discussions and questions' ICT User Friendly, vol. Spring/Summer.
- Jones , E, Dick, R, Audain, J & Fielder, S (2007), Foundation lessons excluding History and Geography. in 100 Smartboard Whiteboard Lessons: Year 3.Scholastic.
- Montague-Smith, A, Jones, E, Dick, R & Audain, J (2007), Science and Foundation lessons excluding History and Geography. in 100 Smartboard Whiteboard Lessons: Year 4.1st edn, Scholastic, Leamington Spa.
- Jones , E, Dick , R, Audain, J & Fielder, S (2006), Foundation lessons excluding History and Geography. in 100 ACTIVprimary Whiteboard Lessons with CD-Rom: Year 3.1st edn, Scholastic.
- Montague-Smith, A, Jones, E, Dick, R & Audain, J (2006), Science and Foundation lessons excluding History and Geography. in 100 Activprimary Whiteboard Lessons: Year 4.1st edn, Scholastic.
- Audain, J, David, A, Flute, M, Fielder , S & Cogill, J (2006), You Can Use an Interactive Whiteboard for Ages 7-11. in J Cogill (ed.), You Can Use an Interactive Whiteboard for Ages 7-11.1st edn, Scholastic.