We are delighted to be able to extend an invitation for you to join us on campus from April for a Self-Guided Campus Tour, facilitated by our Student Ambassadors and members of staff.
As our Guided Campus Tours are no longer possible due to the rule of six, we are inviting you to book spaces for yourself and up to 5 guests to take a Self-Guided Campus Tour. This will be facilitated by our Student Ambassadors and staff who will be based at key points around our King Alfred and West Downs Quarters to talk to you about our facilities. Your visit will include the opportunity to visit our new landmark West Downs building.
Book your place on our next available dates:
Frequently asked questions
What are you putting in place to make the visit Covid safe?
During your visit to us, we are putting in place a number of measures to ensure the safety of everyone involved:
- All tours will have a maximum of 6 people per tour, there will be no mixing of households.
- The Student Ambassadors and staff at each checkpoint will be wearing a face covering and will be maintaining and encouraging social distancing at all times.
- There are several hand sanitiser dispensers around campus that visitors are welcome to use.
- Only critical on-site services and buildings will be open to decrease the number of touch points.
- Some buildings will have a one-way system and all will have clearly marked social distancing measures.
Will I be able to see inside all buildings?
Only critical on-site services and buildings will be open which may mean there are some buildings you will not see inside as part of the tour.
Where do I go when I arrive/what are the parking arrangements?
When you arrive at the University, (Sparkford Road, SO22 4NR) head to the Main Car Park where we are providing free parking. Once you have parked, follow the signs to the stairs and turn right into The Stripe. On the campus map, the car park is situated between building 25 and Milnthorpe Lane.
How many people will be on the tour group?
We will only allow one household per tour group and will stagger start times so that social distancing can be easily adhered to.
Do I have to wear a face covering?
We require all visitors to wear a face covering that covers their nose and mouth while on the tour to ensure every individual’s safety throughout the duration of the tour.
Will there be anywhere to purchase refreshments?
Two of our on-campus cafés will be open for the purchase of drinks and light snacks but due to health and safety precautions we will be unable to refill reusable water bottles.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact the Open Days team by sending them an email.