Stand Alone bursary for estranged students
Award of up to £6,000
The University of Winchester is committed to the Stand Alone Pledge to support estranged students.
Estranged students are young people studying without the support and/or approval of a family network and who have no contact with their family.
In recognition of the barriers that estranged students may face accessing and remaining in Higher Education, the University of Winchester has introduced this bursary to provide additional financial and pastoral support.
As part of our Access and Participation Plan, the University awards eligible full-time undergraduate UK, EU* and Channel Island students a bursary of £2,000 in each year of study. A further £1,000 Graduation Bursary will be awarded to recipients upon successful completion of their course after the final year of study.
Eligible students will have access to:
- A designated Student Life Adviser as a named point of contact throughout their time at the University.
- Year-round University accommodation, particularly ensuring accommodation is available over the summer vacation where required.
- A dedicated web page for estranged students with useful links and contact information.
- A transition taster event to introduce students to student life and the support available to them.
Eligibility information and how to apply:
Estranged students must be:
- assessed as ‘estranged’ by Student Finance,
- under 25 on 1st September, the year they start their course
To apply for the bursary please complete this secure online form and provide the relevant evidence from Student Finance England.
If you have any questions, please contact: email@example.com
*EU students who qualify for full financial support through Student Finance England