Through the Winton Society you can maintain your connection with the University, fellow alumni and existing students. Whenever you graduated, you are a welcome part of the alumni community for life, explore the different ways you can get be involved.
Find out more about any of the opportunities below, or have another idea for how to get involved, we’d love to hear from you! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a ring on +44(0)1962 827600.
Or follow us on social media to stay up-to-date with events and opportunities: Facebook, Instagram,
Become an Alumni Ambassador
Being an Alumni Ambassador provides the opportunity for University of Winchester alumni to stay connected with and give back to the University community. There are plenty of ways to get involved depending on your interests, skills and the amount of time you would like to volunteer:
- Encourage future students to choose Winchester: As a graduate of the University of Winchester, you can offer a unique and valuable perspective of student life. Share your insights of what makes Winchester a great place to live and study through volunteering at University of Winchester open days and recruitment fairs or delivering school and college talks in your local area.
- Share your story: We want to celebrate your achievements since leaving Winchester and find out where your degree has taken you. Share your story to feature as an alumni profile, or take part in a panel event for students.
- Become a professional mentor: Share your experience, successes and learnings from your career journey to support a final year student at the start of theirs.
- Present your passion: Be a part of the Winton Society’s programme of events and come back to the University to speak to students, staff and fellow alumni about your passions or area of expertise.
- Build an alumni network in your area: Following graduation our alumni spread far and wide. Help reconnect alumni with each other in your local area by organising a social event, or acting as a local point of contact.
- Organise a reunion: Bring your year group, course mates, or friends back together with a reunion event and reminisce about your student days. The alumni team are here to help with communications and advice, if needed or if not, please do keep in touch as we’d love to hear about your event and see photographs!
- Recruit a student or graduate: If you have your own company, or work in recruitment, have you considered advertising your part-time jobs, placements and graduate opportunities to Winchester students and graduates?
- Help the Winton Society develop: As an ever-growing community we are always keen to hear the views of our alumni to guide our programme of opportunities and events. Get in touch if you would be interested in taking part in focus groups or providing feedback on new ideas.
Interested? Fill out the Alumni Ambassador Form to tell us how you would like to be involved as an Alumni Ambassador and we will be in touch.
Donate to support our students and our future
Through the Winton Society, there is a long tradition of alumni helping existing students through donations to the Winton Benevolent Fund. The Winton Benevolent Fund gives students the opportunity for support for hardship or to enhancement development opportunities.
Remembering Winchester in your will by leaving a legacy to the University is a lasting gift to future students and to the continuing development of this unique place in years to come. If you would like to include the University of Winchester in your Will, a solicitor will be able to advise you which type of legacy suits you best.
For further information or if you would like to advise us of your plans, please get in touch with the Alumni Office.