On 17 January 2014, the University of Winchester confirmed archaeologists had discovered part of a pelvic bone most likely to belong to King Alfred the Great or his eldest son, King Edward the Elder.
- University of Winchester wins top campaign award at CIPR PRide Awards
24 November 2014
The University of Winchester’s Communications team won Regional Campaign of the Year at the 2014 Chartered Institute of Public Relations (CIPR) South of England and Channel Islands PRide Awards.
- Winchester academic contributes to new biography of Alfred the Great
21 August 2014
The life of King Alfred the Great and the search for his remains have been chronicled together for the first time in a new biography co-authored by a University of Winchester academic.
- University of Winchester shortlisted for four CIPR PRide Awards
6 August 2014
The University of Winchester’s Communications team has been shortlisted for four awards in the 2014 CIPR South of England and Channel Islands PRide Awards.
- University of Winchester strikes gold at Heist Awards 2014 for The Search for Alfred the Great
14 July 2014
The University of Winchester’s Communications team has won the Gold Award in the Best PR/Advocacy Campaign category for The Search for Alfred the Great at the Heist Awards 2014.
- Royal visits the University to find out more about the Search for Alfred the Great
24 June 2014
His Royal Highness, The Duke of Gloucester KG GCVO visited the University of Winchester on 23 June to hear about the discovery of remains in the Search for Alfred the Great.
- Search for Alfred the Great exhibition opens in Saint Bartholomew’s Church
28 January 2014
A pop-up exhibition, In Search of Alfred the Great, has opened in Saint Bartholomew’s Church in Hyde, Winchester.
- University of Winchester reveals significant find in the search for Alfred
17 January 2014
Hyde900 and the University of Winchester confirm they have discovered part of a pelvic bone, most likely to be from King Alfred the Great or his eldest son, Edward the Elder.
Click here to watch the Press Conference (17 January 2014)
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for print-ready images.
Key project statements from:
Supporting statements from:
Back to media centre