We offer supervision in a wide range of subjects and have an excellent track record of completionsView content
If you decide to study for an MPhil/PhD at Winchester, you will be allocated to a supervisory team headed up by a Director of Studies. Your Director of Studies will be an expert in your chosen field of study and he/she will advise and support you as you progress through your research. All our supervisors regularly publish in their field and you can be confident in the expertise they bring to your project.
Research supervision is currently available in the following subject areas across our five faculties:
- Business and Management
- Culture and Communication
- Education (teaching, history, philosophy)
- English (language, literature)
- History (from Classical to Modern)
- Media & Film
- Performing Arts (dance, drama, music, creative practice)
- Psychology (incl Forensic Psychology)
- Religion and Theology (incl death, reconciliation & peace)
- Social work and social policy
- Sport, Exercise, Health, Leisure
Find your research supervisor by clicking on the links above or by using our Find an Expert feature below.
Background photo: Dr Karl Alvestad at his graduation at Winchester Cathedral, flanked by supervisors, historians Prof. Ryan Lavelle and Em. Prof. Barbara Yorke.