We offer supervision in a wide range of subjects and have an excellent track record of completionsView content
If you decide to study for an MPhil/PhD at Winchester, you will be allocated to a supervisory team headed up by a Director of Studies. Your Director of Studies will be an expert in your chosen field of study and he/she will advise and support you as you progress through your research. All our supervisors regularly publish in their field and you can be confident in the expertise they bring to your project.
Research supervision is currently available in the following subject areas across our five faculties:
- Archaeology & Anthropology
- Criminology and Forensic Studies
- Digital Technologies
- English, Creative Writing & American Studies
- Health & Wellbeing, including Animal Welfare, Social Care and Sport & Exercise
- Geography (Human and Physical)
- Media & Film
- Performing Arts
- Theology, Religion and Philosophy*
- University of Winchester Business School
Find your research supervisor by clicking on the links above or by using our Find an Expert feature below.
* NB: Some academics in the Department of Theology, Religion and Philosophy, especially those specialising in Theology-related areas, may have limited capacity to take on new MPhil/PhD candidates at particular times, depending on how many research projects they are already in the process of supervising. In these cases you may be advised to defer your application.
Background photo: Dr Karl Alvestad at his graduation at Winchester Cathedral, flanked by supervisors Prof. Ryan Lavelle and Em. Prof. Barbara Yorke.