Why Study Cyber Security at Winchester?
You’ve scrolled through the website, seen some lovely videos of our campus and had a look at our prospectus but still want to know ‘Why should I study Cyber Security at Winchester’?
Here are 5 reasons why:
- Employability is at the heart of our programme. On this course you will learn vital skills that employers are looking for
- It’s a really hands-on, practical course with a dedicated cyber security lab where you learn the hackers’ techniques so you can prevent their hacking attempts
- You don’t need to have studied Computer Science to apply. We look at the subjects you have studied and at the skills you may have learnt by yourself and any business experience you may have
- You can take an optional placement year (sometimes called a sandwich year), which will significantly boost your employability, business understanding and professional skills
- You’ll be based in our stunning award-winning West Downs Centre which was inaugurated in 2021
Still not sure? Hear what this course is like from the students on the course and the academic staff who teach it.
Back to blog