What is different about studying Law at Winchester?
If you are asking yourself ‘other universities also offer Law – what is different about Law at Winchester’, then this might help.
- You’ll develop real-world professional skills from practical assessments such as mooting (presenting a legal argument to defeat an opponent in court) in our brand new moot courtroom, and you’ll learn the negotiation and mediation skills employers look for
- We have small numbers in tutorials, which allows for rewarding discussions and debates and a close interaction with your tutors
- We encourage you to develop an enquiring and critical attitude to law, so you’ll learn to think logically and communicate clearly. You’ll become proficient in vital skills such as legal research
- You’ll gain an impressive range of other transferable skills that will prepare you for future employment in both legal and non-legal working environments
- Our strong industry links with Hampshire County Council Legal Services, law firms and chambers are extra links you won’t get at other universities
- We create a friendly, family environment where everyone knows everyone, so you’ll always have someone from the faculty to support you
Still not sure? Hear what life is like as a Winchester Law student from our academic staff and the students on the course.
Back to blog