GTRSB Student Bursary
Up to £2,000
The University of Winchester is committed to the GTRSB into Higher Education Pledge. The University recognises the unique individual experiences of Gypsy, Traveller, Roma, Showman and Boater students and how these may inhibit access and participation in Higher Education. The University of Winchester has introduced this bursary to provide additional financial and pastoral support to GTRSB students.
If you’re from the Gypsy, Traveller and Roma community, we will offer you a bursary of £500 in each year of study. A further £500 Graduation Bursary will be awarded to recipients upon successful completion of your course in the final year of study.
Eligible students will also have access to:
- A designated Student Life Adviser as a named point of contact throughout their time at the University.
- Year-round University accommodation, particularly ensuring accommodation is available over the summer vacation where required.
- A dedicated web page for GTRSB students with useful links and contact information.
- A transition taster event to introduce students to student life and the support available to them.
- A volunteer student buddy to provide additional support and act as a mentor for GTRSB students when they first arrive on campus.
- The opportunity to become an Outreach Ambassador, which is a part-time casual paid role for students to support access and outreach activities in the local community.
To be eligible:
- You will need to disclose your ethnicity of GTRSB on your UCAS application form or to the University upon enrolment
- You must be enrolled on a full-time undergraduate degree
To find out more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.