Dr Maria Emmanouilidou was appointed as a Senior Lecturer in Management and International Academic Liaison Officer at the University of Winchester Business School in April 2018. Maria has extensive experience within the UK Higher Education and in educational institutions in Greece. She previously held the positions of Senior Lecturer in Strategic Management at the University of the West of England, Lecturer in Strategy at the University of Kent and Graduate Teaching Assistant at the University of Salford. During her academic career she has undertaken leadership roles, such as acting as the Chair of Academic Disciplinary Committee at Kent Business School.
Maria received her PhD in 2013 from the University of Salford. She holds an MSc in Advanced Computer Science with ICT (Information and Communication Technology) Management from the University of Manchester and a BSc (Hons) in Computer Science from the University of Leeds. She received a Postgraduate Certificate in Higher Education (PGCHE) from the University of Kent and she is a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy.
Maria has an interdisciplinary research background. During her professional career she held leading roles in a EU-funded national research project ‘EURYDICE: Positive Actions for Women’, run by the University of Thrace, Greece, and in the research project ‘Education and Awareness Programmes for Intervention to Promote Gender Equality’, run by the Research Centre for Gender Equality (KETHI) in Greece. Maria acts as an external expert for the European Cooperation in Science and Technology.
Higher Education Academy Teaching Qualification: Maria is a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (FHEA).
Areas of expertise
- Strategic Management
- Information Systems
- Emmanouilidou, M. and Burke, M. (2013). ‘A Thematic Review and a Policy-Analysis Agenda of Electronic Health Records in the Greek National Health System’, Health Policy, vol. 109, no. 1, pp. 31-37.
- Emmanouilidou, M. and Kreps, D. (2010). ‘A Framework for Accessible m-Government Implementation’, Electronic Government, an International Journal, vol. 7, no. 3, pp. 252-269.
- Emmanouilidou, M. (2016). The status of mHealth in Europe and a review of regulative challenges. In: Macedo, M. ed. MCCSIS International Conference e-Health 2016, Madeira, 1-4 July, 2016, pp. 203-206.
- Emmanouilidou, M. (2015). A socio-technical analytical framework on the EHR-organisational innovation interplay: Insights from a public hospital in Greece. In: Cornet R. et al. eds. Proceedings of Medical Informatics Europe 2015, Madrid, 27-29 May, 2015, Amsterdam: IOS Press, pp. 776-80.
- Emmanouilidou, M. (2012). The change challenge: Results from the use of EHR (Electronic Health Records) in two clinical units of a Greek public hospital. In: Macedo, M. ed. IADIS International Conference e-Health 2012, Lisbon, 17-19 July, 2012, pp. 69-76.