Dr Jorge Bruno, PhD Mathematics, BSc Mathematics, BSc Physics, FHEA, is Senior Lecturer in Mathematics. Prior to joining Department of Accounting and Investment in 2017, Jorge was a Teaching Fellow at the University of Bath. Before moving to the UK, Jorge was a researcher at the Fields Institute, Toronto, and a Visiting Lecturer at York University. Jorge obtained his doctoral degree from the National University of Ireland, Galway, under the supervision of Dr Aisling McCluskey and concurrently both undergraduate degrees from James Madison University.
Areas of expertise
- General Topology
- Complete Regularity á la quantale. Top. Proc. (to appear) 2019.
- Relaxed r-complete partitions: an error-correcting Bachet’s problem, with E. O’Shea. Integers. 18(41). 2018.
- Betweenness Relation in a Categorical Setting, with A. McCluskey and P. Szeptycki. Results in Mathematics. 72, pp. 649664. 2017.
- A collection of omega_1 types of locally finite trees. Discrete Mathematics. 340(4), pp. 794-795. 2017.
- Quantales, generalized premetrics and free locales, with P. Szeptycki. Appl. Cat. Str. 25, pp. 10451058. 2016.
- Metric axioms: a structural study, with I. Weiss. Top. Proc. 47, pp. 59-79. 2015.
- Pathological and Highly Transitive Representations of Free Groups. Order. 32(1), 135-144. 2015.
- Topologies as points within a Stone space: Lattice theory meets topology, with A. McCluskey. Topology and its Applications, 160(2), pp. 273-279. 2013.
- Topologies on X as Points in 2P(X), with A. McCluskey. Topology and its Applications, 159(13), pp. 3027-3032. 2012.
- WQOs and locally finite trees, University of Birmingham, UK, 2019.
- WQOs and locally finite trees, Portsmouth University, UK, 2019.
- WQOs and locally finite trees, Oxford University, UK, 2018.
- Well-quasi-ordering of trees and dendrites, The University of Bath, UK. 2016
- On the collection of generalized metrics, James Madison University, VA, USA. 2013
- Topologies and Continuity Spaces: the epsilon-delta obsession, Queens University Belfast, UK. 2013
- TOPOSYM 2011, 2016
- Summer Conference in Topology and its Applications 2009-2017
- Galway Topology Colloquium 2009-2017
- 21st Galway Topology Colloquium, University of Winchester, 2019.
- Summer Connference in Topology and its Applications, NUIG, 2015 (co-organiser).
- 18th Galway Topology Colloquium, NUIG, 2015.