- BSc Psychology, The Open University
- MSc Applied Child Psychology, Kingston University
- PhD Psychology, Kingston University
- Postdoctoral Research Fellow, University of Surrey
- Higher Education Teaching Qualification: Associate Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (AFHEA)
I joined the University of Winchester in 2016 as Lecturer in Psychology.
- Aznar, A., & Tenenbaum, H.R. (in press). Gender comparisons in mother-child emotion talk: A meta-analysis. Sex Roles.
- Tenenbaum, H.R., Leman, P., Aznar, A., Duthie, R., & Killen, M. (2018). Children's reasoning about exclusion in novel groups. Journal of Experimental Child Psychology, 175, 1-16.
- Fidalgo, A.M., Tenenbaum, H.R., & Aznar, A. (2017). Are there gender differences in emotion comprehension? Analysis of the Test of Emotion Comprehension. Journal of Child and Family Studies, 27, 1065-1074.
- Tenenbaum, H.R., Leman, P., & Aznar, A. (2017) Children's reasoning about peer and school segregation in a diverse society. J Community Appl Soc Psychol, 27, 358-365.
- Aznar, A., & Tenenbaum, H.R. (2016). Parent-Child positive touch: Gender, age, and task differences. Journal of Nonverbal Behaviour, 40, 317-333. doi:10.1007/s10919-016-0236-x.
- Tenenbaum, H.R., Lindell, A.K., & Aznar, A. (2015). Left cheek bias for emotion perception, but not expression, is established in children aged 3-7 years. Laterality: Asymmetries of Body, Brain, and Cognition, 1-14.
- Aznar, A., & Tenenbaum, H.R. (2015). Gender and age differences in parent-child emotion talk. British Journal of Developmental Psychology, 33, 148-155.
- Van Herwegen, J., Aznar, A., & Tenenbaum, H.R. (2014). The use of emotions in narratives in Williams syndrome. Journal of Communication Disorders, 50, 1-7.
- Aznar, A., & Tenenbaum, H.R. (2013). Spanish parent-child emotion talk and their children’s understanding of emotion. Front. Psychol. 4:670. doi: 10.3389/fpsyg.2013.00670.
- Tenenbaum, H.R., & Aznar, A. (2018). Diferencias de genero en la expresion emocional en la infancia. In Marta Gimenez-Dasi and L.Quintanilla. Desarrollo Emocional en la Infancia Temprana: Debates Actuales y Retos Futuros. Ediciones Piramide.
- Aznar, A., Tenenbaum, H.R., & Ruck, M. (2017). Bullying of religious minorities and asylum seekers. School, Bullying, and Mental Health: Risk, Intervention, and Prevention. H. Cowie & C. Myers (Eds). London: Routledge.
- Tenenbaum, H.R., Leman, P., Aznar, A., & To, C. (2016). Why study children’s conversations. Practical Research with Children (Research Methods in Developmental Psychology: A Handbook Series). J. van Herwegen & J. Prior (Eds).
- Tenenbaum, H.R., Aznar, A., & Leman, P. (2014). Gender differences in language. Sage Encyclopaedia of Language Development. P.J. Brooks & V. Kempe (Eds). UK: London.
- Tenenbaum, H.R., Aznar, A., Leman, P. (2016, September). Young people’s reasoning about peer exclusion based on status differences. Paper presented at EARA conference: Cadiz, Spain.
- Rienties, B., Aznar, A., & Hillaire, G. (2016, April). Are emotions driving better university courses? Open Minds Talks: Open University, Milton Keynes, UK.
- Aznar, A., & Tenenbaum, H.R. (2014, September). Children’s understanding that emotion influences behaviour. Poster presented at the BPS Developmental Section, Annual Conference: Amsterdam, Netherlands.
- Aznar, A., & Tenenbaum, H.R. (2013, September). Emotion talk: Parent-child gender differences and children’s understanding of emotions. Poster presented at the BPS Cognitive and Developmental Sections Annual Conference: Reading, UK.
- Van Herwegen, J., Tenenbaum, H.R., & Aznar, A. (2012, September). Emotions in Williams Syndrome. Poster presented at the BPS Developmental Psychology Section: Strathclyde, UK.
- Tenenbaum, H.R., Aznar, A., & Lindell, A.K. (2011, April). Production precedes perception: Lateralisation and children’s inference of emotional expression. Poster presented at the 66th Biennial Meeting of the Society of Research in Child Development: Montreal, Canada.